Ways to Give
Gilda’s Club is a cancer support community for men, women, teens and children living with cancer, their families and friends. Our social and emotional support is a complement to medical care. There is no cost for anyone touched by cancer to participate in our program activities.
Our program is not free to operate so the Gilda’s Club staff, board of directors, and volunteers work hard to build a financial foundation that allows us to offer a comprehensive support program for our members. Gilda’s Club is supported through donations from individuals, corporations and community organizations; grants and foundation giving; fundraising events; and any other creative opportunity that provides funds for the program. We welcome and appreciate financial contributions from all sources to help in our fundraising efforts.
Contact Gilda’s Club for more information on these ideas or any other creative opportunity. We’re happy to help.
Make a donation
– Unrestricted financial contributions are the most critical as they help ensure Gilda’s Club is able to support he needs of the local communities. Donate today!
– Show your company’s support of Gilda’s Club by sponsoring one of program activities or special events. Corporate sponsorships receive many benefits that demonstrate your organization’s commitment to the community. Many sponsorship levels are available. Please contact our development director for more information.
– Whether you want to run a marathon, participate in an ironman competition, ride in a bike race, canoe through an adventure race or any other physical activity-related event, there are opportunities to support Gilda's Club.
Third party events
– Choose Gilda’s Club as your charity of choice for your next school, organization or business fundraiser. These events not only raise much-needed funds but also provide opportunities to increase awareness of our cost-free cancer support organization. A few great examples include bake sales, dress down days, car washes, game nights, jewelry shows and more. Contact us for details.
Special occasion donations
– A meaningful alternative to traditional party favors, you can announce your donation to your guests with personalized table cards. This special donation is perfect for milestones, such as anniversaries, birthdays, retirements, weddings, baby showers, Bar mitzvah and more.
– Include Gilda’s Club in your estate plans to ensure you leave a legacy and provide continued support for people by cancer.
– Double your donation to Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit. Check with your human resources department to see if your employer participates in an employee matching program.
Payroll deduction program
– Offer employees a choice in the nonprofits they can support. Simple payroll deductions help increase morale and goodwill with employees and the community.
– Honor your loved one by purchasing a brick in Gilda’s Gardens.
Staples Advantage program
– This program offers
10-20 percent discounts on more than 900 frequently purchased items, free delivery for orders of $50 and greater and more. Gilda’s Club receives 5 percent of all Staples Advantage online purchases. This means that you can save money for yourself while helping Gilda’s Club.
Op4G is a new online market research community with a twist – when clients need market research, registered members are paid to anonymously participate in these research activities while allocating a percentage of their earnings to a non-profit (ie, Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit!). Visit Opinions4Good and click “Become a Member” (it’s free). Choose Gilda’s Club as your supported nonprofit. Gilda’s Club gets paid each time you complete an activity or survey.
Shop at Kroger
– Register your Kroger Plus card, choose Gilda’s Club as your charity of choice and shop! Each time you shop, Gilda’s Club earns money.
– Check out our wish list to see if there’s anything you can give.
– A variety of opportunities enables hundreds of people to volunteer each year and help us keep the red doors open. Group volunteer projects are also available.
Invite us to speak at your civic organization or business meeting
– We love to share Gilda’s Club with members of different organizations and communities.
Display our literature
– Help us get the word out about our support program to everyone touched by cancer by displaying brochures at your place of business.